Located in downtown Columbus, just a 1/2 block from the Colorado County Courthouse and Columbus Town Square, sit two COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS at prime locations on historic Walnut Street (Hwy 90) and the newly-named "Artist"s Alley". The Buildings and a large parking area between, are situated next to each other with a contiguous boundary, and will both be available for sale by the Klauber Family, as of May 1, 2023.
Built in 1910, the 4,225 sq ft (per CAD) 520 Walnut building was originally know as the Gegenworth Building (the embedded historic sign remains untouched above the street-side of the building underneath the current owner's sign) The building, which has been the home of Kay Klauber Candies since 1990, has three separate entrance doors (one for half the building on the east and two for the other half on the west) all facing Walnut Street, with the large street-facing windows on its original red brick facade. The entire facade is located on Walnut Street and accessible for foot and vehicle traffic.
The building's east half, 2080 sq ft, has a fully-designed and utilized retail candy store--with all attached shelving, cabinets, and retail displays included in the sale. There is an office located in the retail space as wee. The high-ceiling Kitchen space behind it retains a long stainless-steel double sink, extra-large water heater, and stainless steel-covered wall area with exhaust. A large interior corridor with full bath (shower is unfinished) is at the core of the building. There is also a large double-door leading to the rear parking area and a single glass door leading onto the alley.
The building's west half, 2145 sq ft, was used as the KKC packing and shipping area. It is a large open area with closet plus two rear doors leading to the parking area.
Built in 1978, the 1,660 sq ft (per CAD w/1100 sq ft enclosed area, 120 sq ft canopy and 440 sq ft carport) 518 Walnut building is located behind the larger Walnut building and next to the newly-updated (for foot & vehicular traffic) paved "Artist's Alley" directly to the east (and running North-South). The 518 Walnut building was originally created as a meat packing/storage facility. The Klaubers used this building as business storage. It is extremely thick insulation, multiple rooms and 1/2 bath.
The two buildings listed above are separated by a large parking area between them. The entire complex forms a large 'rectangle' (65 ft X 182 ft).
The above buildings and land are located near Hound Song Brewing Company, AL&M Hardware, Live Oak Art Center, Botts Title Company, Beckey's Cafe and as stated, a block from the Colorado County Court house and the Columbus Town Square. These buildings have excellent frontage on Walnut Street and the alley side which creates an excellent opportunity for one or more businesses.